Is there anything like FCKeditor for Ruby?

pixelnate

Hello all,

I am building a website for a client and they want to be able to edit
the content on one of the pages, but they are not very web savvy. Is
there anything like FCKeditor (http://www.fckeditor.net/) that works
with Ruby? If not, I will have to build the site in PHP (ugh).

Thanks,
(pixel)Nate

Simen Edvardsen

Hello all,

I am building a website for a client and they want to be able to edit
the content on one of the pages, but they are not very web savvy. Is
there anything like FCKeditor (http://www.fckeditor.net/) that works
with Ruby? If not, I will have to build the site in PHP (ugh).

Thanks,
(pixel)Nate

That's an HTML editor, and so it's language agnostic. You'll just have
to find a way to integrate it into whatever Ruby solution you have on
the server side (Rails, I guess). A quick Google sent me to
http://www.joshuamcharles.com/xhtml/fckrails.php

Note that, if this is a Rails question, you'll probably find better
answers on the Rails mailing list.

pixelnate

Simen said:
That's an HTML editor, and so it's language agnostic. You'll just have
to find a way to integrate it into whatever Ruby solution you have on
the server side (Rails, I guess). A quick Google sent me to
http://www.joshuamcharles.com/xhtml/fckrails.php
Thanks.
Note that, if this is a Rails question, you'll probably find better
answers on the Rails mailing list.
Sorry for posting here then.

~Nate

khaines

Hello all,

I am building a website for a client and they want to be able to edit the
content on one of the pages, but they are not very web savvy. Is there
anything like FCKeditor (http://www.fckeditor.net/) that works with Ruby? If
not, I will have to build the site in PHP (ugh).

FCKeditor doesn't care what language your serverside code is in. I use it
on multiple sites with no problems.

What issue are you encountering?

Kirk Haines

pixelnate

Here's one that you can use without jumping through a bunch of hoops
http://www.underpantsgnome.com/projects/fckeditor-on-rails it still
could use a little work and it may be getting turned into a plugin
shortly.
Excellent. This is exactly the kind of thing I am looking for. Well, I
was under the impression that there might be a solution that was all
Ruby, beginning to end, but this will be perfect for what I want to use
it for.
Disclaimer: I built it
So I know who to track down when I have a problem. ;^)

~Nate