    the reason

    --
    xudeutschPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup acces

    xudeutsch, Jul 13, 2005

  2. It sounds like you had another web server installed on this machine at some
    point. Is that correct?

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    The sun never sets on
    the Kingdom of Heaven

    Kevin Spencer, Jul 13, 2005

  3. Xudeutsch,

    As far as I know, Windows XP can only have a single Web site. By
    default, this is labeled in IIS Manager as "Default Web Site".
    Although you can change the TCP port of this Web site, it will still
    use localhost as its default host header name. Since you cannot add a
    separate Web as you can with the Server Operating Systems, you cannot
    specify a separate Web site to act as the localhost.

    In short, as far as I know, XP can only have one Web Site and by
    default this is set to localhost.

    I hope this helps.
    Aaron

    Aaron Corcoran, Jul 13, 2005