is there conflict problem of localhost?

xudeutsch

hello,

On my machine there is an application which used localhost as it
website.
It means that when i input "localhost" in the address bar, the webpage
of this application will show. This application use the defaultTCP por
80.
Now i installed IIS unter XP professional, the Default Web Site use
other
TCP port ,e.g. 81, otherwise there will be popup, saying "it is usin
by another
process." Now i can start the Default Web Site but when i go to
http://localhost:81/iisstart.htm, the service is still unavailable
What could be
the reason

Kevin Spencer

It sounds like you had another web server installed on this machine at some
point. Is that correct?

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
The sun never sets on
the Kingdom of Heaven

Aaron Corcoran

Xudeutsch,

As far as I know, Windows XP can only have a single Web site. By
default, this is labeled in IIS Manager as "Default Web Site".
Although you can change the TCP port of this Web site, it will still
use localhost as its default host header name. Since you cannot add a
separate Web as you can with the Server Operating Systems, you cannot
specify a separate Web site to act as the localhost.

In short, as far as I know, XP can only have one Web Site and by
default this is set to localhost.

I hope this helps.
Aaron