is there really no good gui builder

Mike Driscoll

Yes, but you would probably need the
version of Visual Studio (2003,
I believe) which is used for Python.

Is there any chance that Python could
use the freely available of
Visual Studio?

I think IronPython will "theoretically" work with any of the .NET
versions of Visual Studio, but I would definitely recommend 2003 or
2008, although 2002 would probably work...IronPython is based on C#
instead of C/C++ after all. I was reading the Early Access edition of
"IronPython in Action" and it says you can use the free Visual Studio
Express editions. You just have to pick which language you want.

Mike