ISE 6.3i error : unable to find flow prefix

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Nisheeth, Mar 8, 2005.

  1. Nisheeth

    Nisheeth Guest

    hello group

    I installed xilinx ISE 6.3i software on a desktop(P3,winodws 2000
    professional) and the software worked properly.

    THEN i tried to install ISE on laptop (compaq laptop with pentium 3,
    850 Mhz,128mb ram).Though i successfully(as told by software at the
    end of installation) installed ISE on my laptop but When i tried to
    create a new project i got the following error after selecting the
    family ,speed etc

    The error- " Unable to obtain flow prefix from SFS e
    'c:\xilinx\virtex2\data\virtex2.sfs' "

    I got the same error no matter whichever family or device i choose. I
    even formatted my laptop and tried other OS such as XP
    professional,windows 2000 professional....but everytime i installed
    the software and started running it i got the same error !

    Even When i tried to create a new file for my project i got only 2
    options usually it shows many option such as testbench waveform, vhdl
    package,vhdl file etc...but it showed none of them on my laptop.

    how should i rectify this problem ?

    is this problem faced by other ppl using xilinx ise 6.3i on compaq
    laptop ?

    regards
    Nisheeth Gupta

    Nisheeth, Mar 8, 2005