    problem, but i've got hundreds of web sites on my server.

    is there a simple way of tracking down which site(s) are causing this error?

    tks
    Dica, Sep 4, 2007

  2. Hi, Dica.

    re:
    !> is there a simple way of tracking down which site(s) are causing this error?

    The likeliest culprit is the last application you configured.

    If you don't recall which one that was, check the applications'
    folder creation dates...and start checking the last apps created.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ======================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Sep 4, 2007

  3. Dica

    Mike Guest

    Create a new app log under IIS one for .NET 1.x and one for .NET 2.0 and
    then point your web apps to the correct app pool.

    You can't run .NET 1.x and .NET 2.0 in the same app pool, they have to be
    seperate.

    Mike, Sep 4, 2007
  4. Dica

    Mike Guest

    I meant App Pool under IIS not app log under IIS

    Mike, Sep 4, 2007
  5. Dica

    Dica Guest

    "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, Dica.
    >
    > re:
    > !> is there a simple way of tracking down which site(s) are causing this
    > error?
    >
    > The likeliest culprit is the last application you configured.
    >
    > If you don't recall which one that was, check the applications'
    > folder creation dates...and start checking the last apps created.

    unfortunately, this started happening after we set up our new server and
    manually set re-created all the IIS sites, so i really have no history to
    work off.

    Dica, Sep 4, 2007
  6. Dica

    Dica Guest

    yeah, i was wondering about the log setting. i've created separate pools for
    the dot net sites i know about, but wish the err logs were a little more
    specific about which site is causing the problem.

    Dica, Sep 4, 2007
  7. It looks like your best recourse is running

    aspnet_regiis -lk

    ....from any of the .Net Framework directories.

    That will give you a list of applications and tell you whether
    they are running under the .Net Framework 1.1 or 2.0.

    Maybe something will jog your memory.

    The lesson to be learned from your problem is that you should
    keep a log of which applications run under which .Net Framework.

    If you had that now, it would have saved you a lot of hassles.

    Juan T. Llibre, Sep 4, 2007
  8. On Sep 4, 7:45 pm, "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote:
    > It looks like your best recourse is running
    >
    > aspnet_regiis -lk

    just want to add that you can find the name of the site in
    system32\inetsvr\MetaBase.xml

    aspnet_regiis -lk gives just an id from the IIS metabase
    Alexey Smirnov, Sep 4, 2007
  9. re:
    !> just want to add that you can find the name of the site in
    !> system32\inetsvr\MetaBase.xml

    ....although sifting through all the info in MetaBase.xml could take some time

    ;-)

    Maybe the IIS Resource Kit's Metabase Explorer could help ?

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/840671

    Download the IIS Resource Kit's Metabase Explorer from :
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=56fc92ee-a71a-4c73-b628-ade629c89499

    Juan T. Llibre, Sep 4, 2007
  10. On Sep 4, 9:07 pm, "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote:
    > re:
    > !> just want to add that you can find the name of the site in
    > !> system32\inetsvr\MetaBase.xml
    >
    > ...although sifting through all the info in MetaBase.xml could take some time

    Open in notepad, Ctrl+F

    :))
    Alexey Smirnov, Sep 4, 2007
  11. Dica

    Dica Guest

    > On Sep 4, 9:07 pm, "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote:
    >> re:
    >> !> just want to add that you can find the name of the site in
    >> !> system32\inetsvr\MetaBase.xml
    >>
    >> ...although sifting through all the info in MetaBase.xml could take some
    >> time
    >>

    > Open in notepad, Ctrl+F

    tks for the suggestions, guys. i think i've tracked down the offending site.

    Dica, Sep 4, 2007
  12. re:
    !> Open in notepad, Ctrl+F

    <chuckle>

    I'll take that comment as being tongue-in-cheek.

    Juan T. Llibre, Sep 5, 2007
  13. On Sep 5, 3:40 am, "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote:
    > re:
    > !> Open in notepad, Ctrl+F
    >
    > <chuckle>
    >
    > I'll take that comment as being tongue-in-cheek.
    >
    > Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    > asp.net faq :http://asp.net.do/faq/
    > foros de asp.net, en español :http://asp.net.do/foros/
    > ======================================
    >

    > "Alexey Smirnov" <> wrote in messagenews:...
    > > On Sep 4, 9:07 pm, "Juan T. Llibre" <> wrote:
    > >> re:
    > >> !> just want to add that you can find the name of the site in
    > >> !> system32\inetsvr\MetaBase.xml

    > >> ...although sifting through all the info in MetaBase.xml could take some time

    > > Open in notepad, Ctrl+F

    Juan, to search by id of one of hundreds of web sites in Metabase
    Explorer could take some time too, to be honest. I agree it's a great
    tool, but there is no search functionality and you have to install
    it. So, there is no irony here, notepad is just another approach.
    Alexey Smirnov, Sep 5, 2007