J2EE, Maven 2 & Eclipse

Snyke

Hello everybody,

I just created a Webapplication using Maven's webapp archetype. I got
it to load correctly in Eclipse, but I fail to start it like I would do
with a WST-Project. How do I have to change my configuration to be able
to run it that way?
My main problem anyway is that I have no clue where the configuration
files for hibernate, log4j and others have to be put, and that I'm
apparently unable to get all three environments (Maven, Eclipse and the
deployed version on Tomcat) to use a similar environment, meaning that
some lack some libraries, all three run in different directories (most
critical in mvn, which has some trouble recognizing tests during the
test run).

I just noticed how messed up this sounds so here a summary:
- where is the J2EE standard folder for config files?
- what directory is to be used to execute test like J2EE would?
- how to run a maven created webapp with the WST-Plugin for Eclipse?
Hope this was clearer ^^

Thank you for your time,
Christian 'Snyke' Decker
http://www.snyke.net