    ask because Nokia seems to have their own SDK which includes the MMAPI
    extensions

    -Jeremy

    Jeremy Deats', Jun 22, 2004

  2. Jeremy Deats' wrote:

    > So I have a Samsung SGH-x427. My understanding is this phone was designed
    > for Cingular (to their specs) GSM networks (as is the case these days,
    > phones are designed for specific service providers).
    >
    > According to everything I can find on this phone it only supports MIDP 1.0
    > (source: www.samsung.com / www.jbenchmark.com ) however the three Java
    > games that come preinstalled all make use non-MIDP 1.0 spec features (e.g.
    > the games use sampled digital sound effects). I'm guessing they are
    > implementing the MMAPI (JSR 135) under MIDP 1.0. Is there anyway I can
    > confirm this?

    They may instead be using proprietary APIs available on the phone itself.

    > Do I need to obtain an SDK from Samsung or will Suns MMAPI SDK work? I
    > only ask because Nokia seems to have their own SDK which includes the
    > MMAPI extensions

    If the mobile is using the MMAPI then you should be able to do a simple test
    to see if the javax.microedition.media.Manager class exists, using
    Class.forName(). If it's there then you've confirmed the MMAPI's
    availability.

    --
    /**
    * @author Darryl L. Pierce <>