j2me: working download for c55? Ideas why mine doesn't work/how todebug?

Bjoern

Hello,

I can't seem to get my MIDP-App to download from my server. The
..jad-File loads, and I get asked if I want to download the Applikation.
But then the progress bar never progresses, and after a while there is
an error message ("Error downloading the application"), and it's over.

There also isn't an entry in the web servers logfile about the jar-File
being requested. If I change the name of the jar-File to something
random, the same thing happens. So the phone doesn't seem to find the
right resource?

On the other hand, if I remove the http://myserver/ from the Jar-URL
entry (so that it's only MyApp.jar), I get an error about the .jad-File.
Also the URL I entered is 100% correct (tested in Web Browser with Copy
& Paste).

Testing OTA from the WTK2 also yields a 'No MIDlet Suite Found'-Error.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Currently I can only test using a Siemens C55 phone. Maybe somebody
could point me to a working (deployed) MIDlet that I could download to
the phone, just to see that it works in principle?

Preferably an app that I could try to deploy on my own Server for
testing purposes (HelloWorld would be perfect).

I've downloaded a free game sucessfully before, but somehow that doesn't
work anymore, either. Hm, in the meantime I might have updated the
phones Firmware?? But a friend of mine also couldn't download with a
Nokia 3410.

Any other ideas how I could try to debug the problem?

Many thanks in advance!

Bjoern

Sample .jad-File for one of the apps, from http://blinker.net/Artillery.jad:

MIDlet-1: Artillery, Artillery.png, com.livingbytes.artillery.Artillery
MIDlet-Jar-Size: 13301
MIDlet-Jar-URL: http://blinker.net/Artillery.jar
MIDlet-Name: Artillery
MIDlet-Vendor: livingbytes.com