    JSR75 is not supported, how do I do achieve this (file system access)?

    Thanks,
    Abhijat

    Abhijat Vatsyayan, Dec 4, 2005

  2. Abhijat Vatsyayan schrieb:

    > I am trying to write a simple midlet for Sony Ericsson S710 phone (CLDC
    > 1.1, MIDP 1.0, MIDP 2.0) where I try using FileSystemRegistry for
    > listing file system roots. The midlet runs ok on the simulator but gives
    > a NoClassDefFoundError for FileSystemRegistry.

    Looks like your mobile doesn't support the corresponding extension.

    > I tried following -
    > Try to package all the jsr75 class files along with the midlet jar.

    You can not extend the capabilities of your mobile phone. A JSR-extension
    has to be built in, othewise you can never use it. If you want to access
    the FileSystem you have to buy another mobile phone that supports the
    extension.

    Jan

    Jan Peter Stotz, Dec 4, 2005

  3. Abhijat Vatsyayan

    JScoobyCed Guest

    Abhijat Vatsyayan wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I am trying to write a simple midlet for Sony Ericsson S710 phone (CLDC
    > 1.1, MIDP 1.0, MIDP 2.0) where I try using FileSystemRegistry for
    > listing file system roots. The midlet runs ok on the simulator but gives
    > a NoClassDefFoundError for FileSystemRegistry.
    >
    > I tried following -
    > Try to package all the jsr75 class files along with the midlet jar. The
    > phone does not like this (a message - can not create class in system
    > package is displayed). I tried signing the jar using the Ktoolbar that
    > came with the SDK from sony ericsson.
    >
    > I eventually need to read and write files from the memory stick. If
    > JSR75 is not supported, how do I do achieve this (file system access)?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Abhijat

    This model doesn't support the FileSystemRegistry ... no JSR-75 is on
    that phone. Eventually, you could have a look at SuperWaba, in case it
    is supported by your phone. This SuperWaba is a port of the Sun J2ME. It
    provides more than the default J2ME, but is not supported by all
    mobiles. I heard that the recent version works on Symbian.

    --
    JSC

    JScoobyCed, Dec 6, 2005