j2me: working OTA download test with Wireless Toolkit?

Bjoern

Hello,

I've asked before about my problems with getting my phone to download my
MIDlets. Perhaps my question was too phone specific, and it occured to
me that for starters it would be good to make OTA work with the wireless
toolkit.

So, is there a Midlet on a web server somewhere, that can be
successfully downloaded with the Wireless Toolkit from Sun (1 or 2
doesn't matter)?

If I try downloading my own Midlet, I get a 'No Midlet Suite found' error.

Many thanks in advance!

Bjoern

--

Let's not weep for their evil deeds,
but for their lack of imagination

Darryl L. Pierce

Bjoern said:
I've asked before about my problems with getting my phone to download my
MIDlets. Perhaps my question was too phone specific, and it occured to
me that for starters it would be good to make OTA work with the wireless
toolkit.

So, is there a Midlet on a web server somewhere, that can be
successfully downloaded with the Wireless Toolkit from Sun (1 or 2
doesn't matter)?

Try <http://www.javamobiles.com/midlets/index.html>.

Bjoern

Darryl said:

Thanks - so can you download any of these midlets from within the
Wireles Toolkit? It failed for me, and it seems all the jad files have
only relative URLs to the jar-File, which doesn't seem to be in accord
with the specs?

Bjoern

--

Bjoern said:
Thanks - so can you download any of these midlets from within the
Wireles Toolkit?

The emulators can simulate OTA provisioning. Just run the emulator itself
(emulator.exe) and pass the arguments "-Xjam" to invoke the Java
Application Manager. It will give you the ability to enter a URL and
provision a MIDlet suite "OTA".