j2me: working OTA download test with Wireless Toolkit?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Bjoern, Oct 23, 2003.

  1. Bjoern

    Bjoern Guest

    Hello,

    I've asked before about my problems with getting my phone to download my
    MIDlets. Perhaps my question was too phone specific, and it occured to
    me that for starters it would be good to make OTA work with the wireless
    toolkit.

    So, is there a Midlet on a web server somewhere, that can be
    successfully downloaded with the Wireless Toolkit from Sun (1 or 2
    doesn't matter)?

    If I try downloading my own Midlet, I get a 'No Midlet Suite found' error.

    Many thanks in advance!

    Bjoern

    --

    Let's not weep for their evil deeds,
    but for their lack of imagination

    Bjoern, Oct 23, 2003

    Try <http://www.javamobiles.com/midlets/index.html>.

    --
    Darryl L. Pierce <>
    Visit the Infobahn Offramp - <http://bellsouthpwp.net/m/c/mcpierce>

    Darryl L. Pierce, Oct 24, 2003

  3. Bjoern

    Bjoern Guest

    Darryl L. Pierce wrote:

    > Bjoern wrote:
    >
    >>I've asked before about my problems with getting my phone to download my
    >>MIDlets. Perhaps my question was too phone specific, and it occured to
    >>me that for starters it would be good to make OTA work with the wireless
    >>toolkit.
    >>
    >>So, is there a Midlet on a web server somewhere, that can be
    >>successfully downloaded with the Wireless Toolkit from Sun (1 or 2
    >>doesn't matter)?

    > Try <http://www.javamobiles.com/midlets/index.html>.

    Thanks - so can you download any of these midlets from within the
    Wireles Toolkit? It failed for me, and it seems all the jad files have
    only relative URLs to the jar-File, which doesn't seem to be in accord
    with the specs?

    Bjoern

    Bjoern, Oct 26, 2003
  4. Bjoern wrote:

    >>>So, is there a Midlet on a web server somewhere, that can be
    >>>successfully downloaded with the Wireless Toolkit from Sun (1 or 2
    >>>doesn't matter)?

    >> Try <http://www.javamobiles.com/midlets/index.html>.

    > Thanks - so can you download any of these midlets from within the
    > Wireles Toolkit?

    The emulators can simulate OTA provisioning. Just run the emulator itself
    (emulator.exe) and pass the arguments "-Xjam" to invoke the Java
    Application Manager. It will give you the ability to enter a URL and
    provision a MIDlet suite "OTA".

    Darryl L. Pierce, Oct 27, 2003