JAAS + SERVET + NT PDC

Bob Rivers

Hi,

I am trying to develop a servlet to do authentication against a
Windows NT PDC.

In fact, I already did it. But I am facing a problem:

My servlet returns the user that is running the tomcat process, not
the user that really called the page (jsp).

What I need to do (maybe someone has another option) is: Supose that
the user is already logged in (the first thing that he did when he
arrived in the office) on a Win NT PDC.

So, this users opens a browser and types the URL of an application.
This application must catch the user id (the one that he used to
login) and then check if this login has rights over the application
that he/she is trying to use.

TIA,

Bob

Eric

What I need to do (maybe someone has another option) is: Supose that
the user is already logged in (the first thing that he did when he
arrived in the office) on a Win NT PDC.

So, this users opens a browser and types the URL of an application.
This application must catch the user id (the one that he used to
login) and then check if this login has rights over the application
that he/she is trying to use.

This is effectively how IIS's "Integrated Windows Authentication" works
(via either the NTLM or Negotiate (SPNEGO) HTTP auth mechanisms).

The jCIFS servlet filter performs transparent NTLM authentication of a
web application against an NT domain:

http://jcifs.samba.org

This will only work with web browsers supporting NTLM -- including
Internet Explorer and recent Mozilla builds.

Eric

Eric

Eric said:
This is effectively how IIS's "Integrated Windows Authentication" works
(via either the NTLM or Negotiate (SPNEGO) HTTP auth mechanisms).

The jCIFS servlet filter performs transparent NTLM authentication of a
web application against an NT domain:

http://jcifs.samba.org

This will only work with web browsers supporting NTLM -- including
Internet Explorer and recent Mozilla builds.

Eric

....and, if you're interested, here is a description of the
authentication protocol employed by the NTLM scheme:

http://davenport.sourceforge.net/ntlm.html

Eric