    cafebabe0003002d. Does this mean version 48?

    Thanks for your help.

    , Feb 21, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > Can someone please tell me the version of class files generated from
    > JVM 1.5.

    49.0

    > In the class file I see the first 8 bytes in hex
    > cafebabe0003002d. Does this mean version 48?

    0x3 = 3, and 0x2d = 45, so this class file is version 45.3 (compatible
    with JDK 1.0.2).

    See:
    http://java.sun.com/docs/books/vmspec/2nd-edition/html/ClassFile.doc.html

    --
    Ben Caradoc-Davies <>
    http://wintersun.org/

    Ben Caradoc-Davies, Feb 21, 2006

  3. Roedy Green Guest

    On 21 Feb 2006 14:00:39 -0800, ""
    who said :

    >Can someone please tell me the version of class files generated from
    >JVM 1.5. In the class file I see the first 8 bytes in hex
    >cafebabe0003002d. Does this mean version 48?

    Either use JarCheck or look inside at the source code. It has a table
    of JVM version vs internal version number.

    see http://mindprod.com/products1.html#JARCHECK

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Feb 24, 2006