    its the api, library , applications etc that matter

    thanks for help

    , Jan 11, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > is there a book that jumps right into using java api,

    I'm not much of an expert on books (I generally
    prefer the web for information), but someone who
    posts regularly around these parts is passionate
    about books and has reviewed many..
    <http://www.techbookreport.com/JavaIndex.html>

    > all languages are more or less same in basic control sturctures etc.
    > its the api, library , applications etc that matter

    The JavaDocs (from Sun) gets more into the crux of
    the API and (some - depends how you define them)
    libraries. The JavaDocs are available for online
    browsing, or download.

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Jan 11, 2007

  3. wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > is there a book that jumps right into using java api, instead of
    > explaining loops and a+b expressions.
    > something like accelerated c++.
    >
    > all languages are more or less same in basic control sturctures etc.
    > its the api, library , applications etc that matter
    >
    > thanks for help

    Take a look at...

    Java In A Nutshell (http://www.techbookreport.com/tbr0155.html), it does
    exactly what you ask for.

    --
    TechBookReport Java - http://www.techbookreport.com/JavaIndex.html

    TechBookReport, Jan 11, 2007
  4. Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> is there a book that jumps right into using java api,

    > I'm not much of an expert on books (I generally
    > prefer the web for information), but someone who
    > posts regularly around these parts is passionate
    > about books and has reviewed many..
    > <http://www.techbookreport.com/JavaIndex.html>
    >
    >> all languages are more or less same in basic control sturctures etc.
    >> its the api, library , applications etc that matter

    > The JavaDocs (from Sun) gets more into the crux of
    > the API and (some - depends how you define them)
    > libraries. The JavaDocs are available for online
    > browsing, or download.
    >
    > Andrew T.

    Andrew, thanks for the mention...

    Pan