Java applet animation stops on form click event in asp.net

George

I'm programming in ASP.net and I'm using a cute little java applet on
one of my web pages. I have three buttons on my web page form.

The problem is whenever the user clicks one of these buttons, the
applet stops running and goes blank.

Is there a way to protect the applet so it's not affected by any of
the user actions on the form?

I know it's probably something simple, but I'm rather new to web
programming.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jay B

What you're probably seeing is a button Post-Back causing
the page to reload itself, and resetting the java applet
contained on the page.

If you don't want to use server-side postback events,
you'll need to add your own client side events to deal
with button clicks, etc.

You could also try to put the java applet in its own
frame, so server side events could be used without causing
the applet to reset.

Jay B