    i know my details are sketchy here (trademark of a beginner) - but hopefully
    there's enough here to help you help me.

    thanks in advance for everyone's help!

    brickled, Mar 2, 2007

  2. On Mar 3, 1:12 am, "brickled" <> wrote:
    > hello all,

    To:
    comp.lang.java.softwaretools, comp.lang.java,
    comp.lang.javascript, comp.lang.java.databases,
    comp.lang.java.gui, comp.lang.java.help,
    comp.lang.java.machine, comp.lang.java.programmer

    Gee. You're important, or at least, you must
    think you are. Since I am not important enough
    to post to 8 groups, I'll restrict my reply to 3,
    and set follow-ups to c.l.j.programmer only

    > I am new to java and java applets. i'm trying to
    > "interact" with a java applet on a website. ...

    What applet? What web site? URL?

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Mar 2, 2007

  3. brickled

    brickled Guest

    i'm not important - i just post to a lot of different groups hoping someone
    out there will help out.

    brickled, Mar 5, 2007
  4. brickled wrote:
    > i'm not important - i just post to a lot of different groups hoping someone
    > out there will help out.
    >
    > "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mar 3, 1:12 am, "brickled" <> wrote:
    >>> hello all,

    >> To:
    >> comp.lang.java.softwaretools, comp.lang.java,
    >> comp.lang.javascript, comp.lang.java.databases,
    >> comp.lang.java.gui, comp.lang.java.help,
    >> comp.lang.java.machine, comp.lang.java.programmer
    >>
    >> Gee. You're important, or at least, you must
    >> think you are. Since I am not important enough
    >> to post to 8 groups, I'll restrict my reply to 3,
    >> and set follow-ups to c.l.j.programmer only
    >>
    >>> I am new to java and java applets. i'm trying to
    >>> "interact" with a java applet on a website. ...

    >> What applet? What web site? URL?
    >>
    >> Andrew T.

    1. Javascript != java
    2. Applets have nothing to do with databases if you're just learning
    about them.
    3. Applets do not depend on software tools.
    4. c.l.j.machine has to do with virtual-machine specific problems, again
    outside the scope of applets.
    5. This question only marginally deals with GUIs.
    At best, one could claim posting to c.l.j, c.l.j.gui, c.l.j.help, and
    c.l.j.p; c.l.j.gui is too weak a case to make.

    Try posting not to catch as many people as possible but to catch only
    relevant people.

    Joshua Cranmer, Mar 5, 2007