java applet question

brickled

hello all,

I am new to java and java applets. i'm trying to "interact" with a java
applet on a website. After loading the webpage that contains the applet into
a browser object (in visual basic.net) i was able to to make simple calls to
the java applet - calls such as .getcodebase and .getparameter along with a
few others.

i decompiled the java class files for this applet (the web site stores them
in a zip file on your local drive) and found that there's mountains of
functions that make up this applet. sadly though, so far i have not been
able to call the same functions when using the approach that worked with
..getcodebase and the others.

i know my details are sketchy here (trademark of a beginner) - but hopefully
there's enough here to help you help me.

thanks in advance for everyone's help!

Andrew Thompson

hello all,

To:
comp.lang.java.softwaretools, comp.lang.java,
comp.lang.javascript, comp.lang.java.databases,
comp.lang.java.gui, comp.lang.java.help,
comp.lang.java.machine, comp.lang.java.programmer

Gee. You're important, or at least, you must
think you are. Since I am not important enough
to post to 8 groups, I'll restrict my reply to 3,
and set follow-ups to c.l.j.programmer only
I am new to java and java applets. i'm trying to
"interact" with a java applet on a website. ...

What applet? What web site? URL?

Andrew T.

brickled

i'm not important - i just post to a lot of different groups hoping someone
out there will help out.

Joshua Cranmer

brickled said:
i'm not important - i just post to a lot of different groups hoping someone
out there will help out.
1. Javascript != java
2. Applets have nothing to do with databases if you're just learning
about them.
3. Applets do not depend on software tools.
4. c.l.j.machine has to do with virtual-machine specific problems, again
outside the scope of applets.
5. This question only marginally deals with GUIs.
At best, one could claim posting to c.l.j, c.l.j.gui, c.l.j.help, and
c.l.j.p; c.l.j.gui is too weak a case to make.

Try posting not to catch as many people as possible but to catch only
relevant people.