Java IDEs *Le sigh*

Steve Sobol

Michael said:
There are few complaints about performance on the nb users list,
though there are plenty of other types of complaints. ;-) In part
that may simply be a reflection of general hardware improvements. I
know that it's just unusable on my old 600Mhz laptop, which has a
whopping 192Mb RAM. I just use emacs there.

Right. Well, I had 256MB of RAM on a 2.0G Celeron, last time I used Netbeans.
My laptop is still a 2.0G Celeron but I've upped the RAM to 640MB, so I
probably ought to try installing the newest version of NetBeans just to see
how much faster it actually is.

I appreciate your comments.

Best,
SJS

Oliver Wong

Monique Y. Mudama said:
I'd rather have 10 obsolete run configurations than have it decide I'm
not using them and destroy them. This way, if I have to resurrect a
project I haven't worked on in a long time, I still have the run
parameters. It's not like they're something you stare at on a regular
basis.

I suppose it could ask you, when you delete a project, if you want to
delete any associated run configurations.

I just deleted a project today, and Eclipse showed me a list of run
configurations, and asked me which ones I wanted to delete along with the
project. Version 3.2.0, Build ID 20060419-1640.

- Oliver