    and time based trials (e.g 30 days), Any tips on whats out their?

    I would be interested to hear what other people have used and how they
    found their chosen solution to work out. cheers.

    SteveF, Jul 16, 2004

  2. On 16 Jul 2004 08:30:46 -0700, SteveF wrote:
    >Hi, Im looking for licensing software to licence a new product (single
    >user licences only) about to be released. I dont need features such as
    >licence key server etc. but would like some form of hardware locking
    >and time based trials (e.g 30 days), Any tips on whats out their?
    >
    >I would be interested to hear what other people have used and how they
    >found their chosen solution to work out. cheers.

    For some applications, I developed my ownen (simple) serial-key mechanisch, but
    I would strongly recommend against doing that. I 'm considering using some
    external library but I haven't completely decised on that.

    You could look at: http://www.soft411.com/software/license.html
    and also
    http://www.google.nl/search?q=java license

    http://www.mirage-systems.de/licence-protector/en/lp_home_en.html
    looks interesting, I'm evaluating it for a windows app,
    but it supports java though (only on wintel machine though).

    --
    Gerbrand van Dieijen

    Gerbrand van Dieijen, Jul 18, 2004