    install JMF , i want 2 create a desktop based mediaplayer ( any
    tutorail for that tooo.....plz)

    thanks
    focode, Aug 17, 2007

  2. focode wrote:
    >dear techies............
    >
    > can any one suggest me a dummies guide how 2
    >install JMF , ...

    JMF is not for noobs.

    It is an abandoned API that is soon to be replaced by
    JMC in Java 7. Unless you are an experienced GUI
    coder, familiar with dealing with media, and very
    experienced with debugging, I would recommend
    steering far clear of JMF and waiting for JMC, where
    at least there might be other people willing to actively
    looking into bugs and problems.

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

    Andrew Thompson, Aug 17, 2007

  3. focode

    focode Guest

    On Aug 17, 12:45 pm, "Andrew Thompson" <u32984@uwe> wrote:
    > focode wrote:
    > >dear techies............

    > > can any one suggest me a dummies guide how 2
    > >install JMF , ...

    > JMF is not for noobs.
    >
    > It is an abandoned API that is soon to be replaced by
    > JMC in Java 7. Unless you are an experienced GUI
    > coder, familiar with dealing with media, and very
    > experienced with debugging, I would recommend
    > steering far clear of JMF and waiting for JMC, where
    > at least there might be other people willing to actively
    > looking into bugs and problems.
    >
    > --
    > Andrew Thompsonhttp://www.athompson.info/andrew/

    You brock my heart..............:()
    focode, Aug 17, 2007
  4. focode

    Roedy Green Guest

    >Could anyone please suggest a dummy's guide on how to
    >install JMF. I want to create a desktop-based media player (any
    >tutorial for that too woud be also be appreciated.)

    I installed JMF some time ago. As I recall, there was nothing to it.
    Just copy some jars to the ext directory.
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    The Java Glossary
    Roedy Green, Aug 19, 2007