Java & MS Excel - Find Cells By Cellname

?

=?iso-8859-1?q?Matthias_Tr=FCmmel?=

Hello!

I'm searching for a solution to find cells in MS-Excel-sheets by their
custom-cellname and edit them with Java.

I tried JExcel and POI (HSSF) but did not find anything that could
possibly help me..

I was only able to find them by there standard-name like "A1","A2",...

Has anyone a idea how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance!
Matthias

matthias.fassl

Matthias said:
I'm searching for a solution to find cells in MS-Excel-sheets by their
custom-cellname and edit them with Java.
First of all you should ask yourself if using the proprietary MS-EXCEL
format is really your only option. This probably depends on what you
want to do, but I would prefer a simple .csv file.
I was only able to find them by there standard-name like "A1","A2",...
I had to program that accesses Excel-Sheets during my internship this
summer, fortunately I was allowed to use VBScript and ActiveX (yeah, I
know VBScript/ActiveX sucks, but I had to), so it was possible to do.
But even then I could only access the cells via their standard-names
A[1-X], so I don't think you'll find something better there.
Has anyone a idea how to solve this problem?
No, sorry.

Greeting from a fellow classmate,
Matthias