Java plugin for Firefox and JSE 6.0 on Linux

Wes Harrison

I have installed the Mustang b88 JDK but cannot get the plugin to work with
Firefox under Linux (FC5). Firefox knows the plugin is installed because
about:plugins displays all the relevant information but applets simply
display as a empty white squares. There are no error messages.

Has anyone got this to work? Is there a trick I am missing?

Thanks,

Wes

Hendrik Maryns

Wes Harrison

Hendrik Maryns said:

Wes Harrison schreef:

Are you on a 64-bit machine? I had similar problems. The solution was
to install a 32-bit Java, use that as default, and explicitly invoke the
64-bit version if I wanted it (i.e. told Eclipse to use that one instead).

Thanks for the reply. I am on a 64-bit machine but I am running a 32-bit
kernel and already have the 32-bit JDK installed so it must be some other
reason. Any ideas?

Wes