java.rmi support inside Visual J# .NET

Guest

I have a ton of Business logic writter in Java, which I am trying to expose
to .NET platform using Visual J#. NET.

The java code is making extensive use of java.rmi.* package.
but, the latest version of Visual J#. NET is not supporting the same.

Is there a way to make this happen.
Does any one have any information on migrating java RMI code into .NET
platform.

Thanks in advance for any help

bruce barker

no.

one of the key design decisions of the .net CLR was not to require the jit
to recompile code that has already been compiled. the CLR design team
thought that this java feature was too expensive a jit/vm feature.

the rmi library requires this feature so it cannot be done in j#. when you
reference a rmi object, the calling code is recompiled so it can talk to the
new downloaded rmi proxy.

you will have to replace the rmi code with a j# supported version, such as
web services with prebuilt proxies. if you need discovery mode, then you can
also switch to web services, but calling them natively is a lot more
complex.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

message | I have a ton of Business logic writter in Java, which I am trying to
expose
| to .NET platform using Visual J#. NET.
|
| The java code is making extensive use of java.rmi.* package.
| but, the latest version of Visual J#. NET is not supporting the same.
|
| Is there a way to make this happen.
| Does any one have any information on migrating java RMI code into .NET
| platform.
|
| Thanks in advance for any help

Guest

Thank you Bruce for a prompt reply.
I really apreciate you taking the time to reply to my question.

I had another question.
I am also using DOM parser provided by SUN.

import javax.xml.parsers.*;
import org.w3c.dom.*;

These classes are not to be found in Visual J#.Net
Is there a way to add these classes to the classpath of VJ#.Net.
or do you know if there is any work around for XML DOM parser in Visual
J#.Net

Thanking You,
Nainesh Jhaveri.