JAVA SOFTWARE DEVELOPER

web.dev

JAVA SOFTWARE DEVELOPER

AVA SOFTWARE DEVELOPER

Location: TORONTO, ON
Salary: 70K to 90K
Contact Email: (e-mail address removed)

Skills and qualifications:

B.Sc. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering

Expert level Java knowledge (incl. SWT, Swing)

Familiarity with Eclipse architecture and experience with Eclipse
plug-in development, PDE

Good knowledge of XML (incl. XML Schema, Namespaces) and XML Web
Services (SOAP, WSDL, UDDI)

Extensive experience with GUI design, hands on knowledge of UI
usability engineering

J2ME and J2EE experience

Experience with graphical editing and modeling frameworks

Sound knowledge of software architectures, OOA/OOD, design patterns

Sound knowledge of software engineering practices

Experience with UML and Software Modeling tools (TogetherJ, Rational
Rose)

Must have:

5 years - Java
3-5 years - J2ME (Micro Edition)
3-5 years - Eclipse Architecture
3-5 years - Eclipse PDE (Plug in Development)
3-5 years - XML
3-5 years - J2EE
3-5 years - UML
3-5 years - Graphical User Interface (GUI)

What a great recruiter you must be! Posting a job opening for a Java
Developer in a JavaScript forum! Clearly Java and JavaScript must be
one and the same. Obviously, you are an asset to your company for
being able to find people in the right places. ;P </sarcasm>

daves1130

[...]

Morgan

JAVA SOFTWARE DEVELOPER

I can't help but seriously seriously wondering at the training
recuiters get.

It continually amazes me when looking through job postings. I once saw
a ad for 70k looking for an expert in .html programming syntax and
"advanced css enginnering"! But that I was a less honest man.... ;-)
Sometimes they don't even get front-end and back-end developer right
and confuse the two.

Richard Cornford

web.dev said:
(e-mail address removed) wrote:

What a great recruiter you must be! Posting a job opening for a Java
Developer in a JavaScript forum! Clearly Java and JavaScript must be
one and the same. Obviously, you are an asset to your company for
being able to find people in the right places. ;P </sarcasm>

I quite like the notion of asking for 26 to 40 years accumulated
experience in technologies that are mostly barley 10 years old. So would
that be someone who has spent the last 10 years working 70 to 120+ hours
a week? Superman for 70 to 90 (Canadian?) dollars a year.

(All job adverts are unwelcome (read spam) on comp.lang.javascirpt)

Richard.

Randy Webb

(e-mail address removed) said the following on 11/1/2005 1:42 PM:
JAVA SOFTWARE DEVELOPER

What JAVA developer, in their right mind, would want to work for someone
that doesn't have the intelligence required to differentiate two
entirely different languages?

I guess the next thing is people who sell cars will be hunting carpet
installers.....