Java source like HTML page

Roedy Green

Is there any free or open source tool that can make html from java source
(one class is one html page) where fields, methods and parameters are links
to another html (java source) page. Browse-able source code with html.
In this way I can trace method calls with html links.
That would be better then debuger for code understanding.

have a look at http://mindprod.com/projects/javapresenter.html

It does the rendering. All you need to do is add the links.

I think an IDE would be much more flexible and faster. Try a different
IDE first. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/ide.html

see http://mindprod.com/projects/scid.html

Andrea Polci

Marko said:
Is there any free or open source tool that can make html from java source
(one class is one html page) where fields, methods and parameters are links
to another html (java source) page. Browse-able source code with html.
In this way I can trace method calls with html links.
That would be better then debuger for code understanding.

Have you ever seen the Eclipse IDE?
If you hold the control key every class, method, variable, etc. become a
link to it's definition.

In the last release (3.0 released yesterday) you can show a "view" where
is reported the source of the object you have under your coursor in the
editor. You have also a view for the javadoc.

Andrea

Thomas Weidenfeller

Marko said:
Is there any free or open source tool that can make html from java source
(one class is one html page) where fields, methods and parameters are links
to another html (java source) page.

Hmmm, IIRC doxygen (www.doxygen.org) also generates dependency graphs
(if The Dot is installed, too). Maybe this is good enough for you task.
In this way I can trace method calls with html links.

"Every" IDE can do this, even (not so) simple programming editors like
vi[m] or emacs can do this (look at the tags/tag file features, and the
ctags, etags programs coming with the editors).

/Thomas