    That would be better then debuger for code understanding.

    Something like
    http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/Formatters/JavaBrowser.html?Home=DMSToolkit , but free or open-source.

    Marko Pevic, Jun 25, 2004

  2. Marko Pevic

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Sat, 26 Jun 2004 00:56:16 +0200, "Marko Pevic"
    <> wrote or quoted :

    >Is there any free or open source tool that can make html from java source
    >(one class is one html page) where fields, methods and parameters are links
    >to another html (java source) page. Browse-able source code with html.
    >In this way I can trace method calls with html links.
    >That would be better then debuger for code understanding.

    have a look at http://mindprod.com/projects/javapresenter.html

    It does the rendering. All you need to do is add the links.

    I think an IDE would be much more flexible and faster. Try a different
    IDE first. See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/ide.html

    see http://mindprod.com/projects/scid.html

    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Jun 26, 2004

  3. Marko Pevic

    Andrea Polci Guest

    Marko Pevic wrote:

    > Is there any free or open source tool that can make html from java source
    > (one class is one html page) where fields, methods and parameters are links
    > to another html (java source) page. Browse-able source code with html.
    > In this way I can trace method calls with html links.
    > That would be better then debuger for code understanding.

    Have you ever seen the Eclipse IDE?
    If you hold the control key every class, method, variable, etc. become a
    link to it's definition.

    In the last release (3.0 released yesterday) you can show a "view" where
    is reported the source of the object you have under your coursor in the
    editor. You have also a view for the javadoc.

    Andrea

    Andrea Polci, Jun 26, 2004
  4. Marko Pevic wrote:
    > Is there any free or open source tool that can make html from java source
    > (one class is one html page) where fields, methods and parameters are links
    > to another html (java source) page.

    Hmmm, IIRC doxygen (www.doxygen.org) also generates dependency graphs
    (if The Dot is installed, too). Maybe this is good enough for you task.

    > In this way I can trace method calls with html links.

    "Every" IDE can do this, even (not so) simple programming editors like
    vi[m] or emacs can do this (look at the tags/tag file features, and the
    ctags, etags programs coming with the editors).

    /Thomas

    Thomas Weidenfeller, Jun 28, 2004