Java Web Start and Directory Structure

Discussion in 'Java' started by Ron, Oct 30, 2004.

  1. Ron

    Ron Guest

    JWS Gurus,

    I am new to Java Web Start. I have an application that reads different
    config files from config directory and uses bin files to execute
    commands internally. The directory structure looks something like
    this:

    + <install dir>|
    |- MyApp|
    |-lib (all jar files needed for app)
    |-app|
    <user.dir>|-bin (app is currently launched from)
    |-files|
    |-config

    How can I package this app so I could install on clients remotely
    using java web start with none to least user interaction. FYI my app
    uses user.dir system property(which is path to my bin dir) to get
    absolute paths. Moreover, I tried a sample application using user.dir
    but path returned is client's system32 directory.

    Any help would be highly appreciated.

    Thanks
    Ron.

    Ron, Oct 30, 2004