Javascript Caching Question on IIS6

Larry Neylon

Hi,

I am having problems with our IIS6 server serving out of date javascript
files in our ASP scripts.

It appears to be an intermittent problem, but causes all kinds of headaches
when working on javascript code.

Is there any way of setting a Javascript file to always expired ?

Any ideas of any setting in ASP / IIS to prevent this happening ?

Many Thanks,
Larry Neylon.

Jeff Cochran

I am having problems with our IIS6 server serving out of date javascript
files in our ASP scripts.

It appears to be an intermittent problem, but causes all kinds of headaches
when working on javascript code.

Is there any way of setting a Javascript file to always expired ?

Any ideas of any setting in ASP / IIS to prevent this happening ?

Server-side Javascript (Jscritp) or client side scripts?

Jeff

Larry Neylon

Jeff,

Client side Javascript, i.e. <script language="javascript"
src="javascript/client.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

If I look in the file system I can see the latest version, but if I go to
http://server/javascript/client.js I see an old version until I restart the
server.

Thanks,
Larry.

Jeff Cochran

Client side Javascript, i.e. <script language="javascript"
src="javascript/client.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

If I look in the file system I can see the latest version, but if I go to
http://server/javascript/client.js I see an old version until I restart the
server.

Check and see if it's the client caching it. Clear the cache on the
client, then go to the page and see if it's updated.

Jeff