    Any ideas of any setting in ASP / IIS to prevent this happening ?

    Many Thanks,
    Larry Neylon.
    Larry Neylon, Jan 26, 2005

  2. Larry Neylon

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:21:28 -0000, "Larry Neylon"
    <> wrote:

    >I am having problems with our IIS6 server serving out of date javascript
    >files in our ASP scripts.
    >
    >It appears to be an intermittent problem, but causes all kinds of headaches
    >when working on javascript code.
    >
    >Is there any way of setting a Javascript file to always expired ?
    >
    >Any ideas of any setting in ASP / IIS to prevent this happening ?

    Server-side Javascript (Jscritp) or client side scripts?

    Jeff
    Jeff Cochran, Jan 26, 2005

  3. Larry Neylon

    Larry Neylon Guest

    Jeff,

    Client side Javascript, i.e. <script language="javascript"
    src="javascript/client.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

    If I look in the file system I can see the latest version, but if I go to
    http://server/javascript/client.js I see an old version until I restart the
    server.

    Thanks,
    Larry.

    Larry Neylon, Jan 27, 2005
  4. Larry Neylon

    Jeff Cochran Guest

    On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:36:12 -0000, "Larry Neylon"
    <> wrote:

    >Client side Javascript, i.e. <script language="javascript"
    >src="javascript/client.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    >
    >If I look in the file system I can see the latest version, but if I go to
    >http://server/javascript/client.js I see an old version until I restart the
    >server.

    Check and see if it's the client caching it. Clear the cache on the
    client, then go to the page and see if it's updated.

    Jeff

    Jeff Cochran, Jan 27, 2005