javascript menu that pops up like a flower.

Zhang Weiwu

Hello. Recently I am working on a flashy website that should work on
Gecko browsers as well as IE 5.5+

I wish to acchieve this effect: a user moves cursor over a small object,
perhaps an icon, a menu with 3 to 5 entries pops out like a flower, and
each menu entry should be in a round.

The effect is like this:
gopher://realss.com/99/this_week/Diagram1.svg
(or if you use non-gopher browser like IE/Opera)
http://realss.com:70/this_week/Diagram1.svg

The arrows gives the movement of the menu entries from the begining. The
round menu entries are in the final position.

I don't want to start from the begining. I wish I could modify an
existing menu system. However I STFW for some time but didn't see any
menu system that looks close to what I described above.

Any suggestions? Will it be very difficult to start from the begining?

Zhang Weiwu

Zhang said:
Hello. Recently I am working on a flashy website that should work on
Gecko browsers as well as IE 5.5+

I wish to acchieve this effect: a user moves cursor over a small object,
perhaps an icon, a menu with 3 to 5 entries pops out like a flower, and
each menu entry should be in a round.

The effect is like this:
gopher://realss.com/99/this_week/Diagram1.svg
(or if you use non-gopher browser like IE/Opera)
http://realss.com:70/this_week/Diagram1.svg

The arrows gives the movement of the menu entries from the begining. The
round menu entries are in the final position.

I don't want to start from the begining. I wish I could modify an
existing menu system. However I STFW for some time but didn't see any
menu system that looks close to what I described above.

Any suggestions? Will it be very difficult to start from the begining?

Since nobody reply my first post, it seems I could be the first one
comes with this idea, so perhaps I should write a new one without
worrying about reinventing the wheel:)

However, if people has answer to my question but simply do not wish to
reply me, please (please) do provide me suggestions how to ask this in a
smarter way, I'll be very graceful.

Here I am not good at math, I really don't know how to form a formula to
create the movement I described in my svg image. I'll try but if anyone
has the resource please drop me a few lines:)

RobB

Zhang said:
Hello. Recently I am working on a flashy website that should work on
Gecko browsers as well as IE 5.5+

I wish to acchieve this effect: a user moves cursor over a small object,
perhaps an icon, a menu with 3 to 5 entries pops out like a flower, and
each menu entry should be in a round.

The effect is like this:
gopher://realss.com/99/this_week/Diagram1.svg
(or if you use non-gopher browser like IE/Opera)
http://realss.com:70/this_week/Diagram1.svg

The arrows gives the movement of the menu entries from the begining. The
round menu entries are in the final position.

I don't want to start from the begining. I wish I could modify an
existing menu system. However I STFW for some time but didn't see any
menu system that looks close to what I described above.

Any suggestions? Will it be very difficult to start from the
begining?

Anything like this?

http://www.dhtmlcentral.com/script/script.asp?id=26

I've seen numerous menus in Flash/Java along the lines you describe as
well. Typical -

http://www.doubleyou.com/