javax

Klaic

Every time I compile my source I get this error message:

javax does not exist

I guess my compiler can't find or doesn't reference to this package.
Do I need to download this package and where? or I need to do something
else?

Michael Borgwardt

Klaic said:
Every time I compile my source

Which source?
I get this error message:

javax does not exist

I guess my compiler can't find or doesn't reference to this package.
Do I need to download this package and where?

No, you need to fix your code. The package javax does indeed not exist,
though there are packages like javax.swing and javax.crypto

Bryce

Every time I compile my source I get this error message:

javax does not exist

I guess my compiler can't find or doesn't reference to this package.
Do I need to download this package and where? or I need to do something
else?

Yes, you need to provide us with the source code you are trying to
compile.

javax is the base package name for a lot of extentions to the java
language, but as far as I know, there are no classes in the package
javax. You will see packages javax.crypto, javax.accessibility,
etc....

Thomas G. Marshall

Klaic coughed up:
Every time I compile my source I get this error message:

javax does not exist

I guess my compiler can't find or doesn't reference to this package.
Do I need to download this package and where? or I need to do
something else?

Listen to the other posters here, but I think you might be making more than
one error that I can think of. Post a very paired down example to
comp.lang.java.help, which is more of a newbie group.

Thomas G. Marshall

Bryce coughed up:

....[rip]...

For this post, I'd like a little more jews' harp. {bwowwwwngggg twang twang
twang....}

kaeli

[email protected] enlightened us said:
Every time I compile my source I get this error message:

javax does not exist

I guess my compiler can't find or doesn't reference to this package.
Do I need to download this package and where? or I need to do something
else?

Aside from all the other responses, you DO have servlets.jar in your
classpath, right? (Or the classpath of the tool you are using to compile.)
The javax package is not included by default, at least not in any tool I have
used.

~kaeli~
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from
many is research.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

John C. Bollinger

kaeli said:
Aside from all the other responses, you DO have servlets.jar in your
classpath, right? (Or the classpath of the tool you are using to compile.)
The javax package is not included by default, at least not in any tool I have
used.

You are getting two different things confused. Yes, the servlet API
packages have javax as the first component of their names, but so do a
lot of other packages, some of which are included in Java 2 Standard
Edition (various versions). javax.swing would be an example of such a
package; although I gather that some older JREs for Mac did not include
the Swing packages, I would complain bitterly to any JDK distributor
that did not include them (Java 1.2+). If packages are included with
the JDK then the compiler will find them without any special work.

John Bollinger
(e-mail address removed)