JBoss Fails to Start on SUSE

timasmith

How very frustrating that JBoss runs so easily on Windows XP and it has
been such as battle on linux - SuSe.

What is the error message I hear you cry... here it is...

java.net.BindException: Address already in use:8080

This is a brand new Suse 10 install with Java 1.5 installed , JAVA_HOME
set and the latest JBoss downloded 4.0.4

The port is not in use prior to starting JBoss but is about 1/2 way
through...

After the error I get a ton of scrolling stack traces which can only be
a bad thing...

Jon Martin Solaas

How very frustrating that JBoss runs so easily on Windows XP and it has
been such as battle on linux - SuSe.

What is the error message I hear you cry... here it is...

java.net.BindException: Address already in use:8080

This is a brand new Suse 10 install with Java 1.5 installed , JAVA_HOME
set and the latest JBoss downloded 4.0.4

The port is not in use prior to starting JBoss but is about 1/2 way
through...

After the error I get a ton of scrolling stack traces which can only be
a bad thing...

This sounds weird. How do you establish that 8080 is not in use before you
start jboss? What happens if you point a browser to the port before you
start jboss? What happens if you do it after jboss has started (and
complained about the port being already in use)? What happens if you change
the port jboss/tomcat uses to say 8090?

I've run jboss nicely on suse for a long time.

senthsk

JBoss run's better in
SUSE the under windows as i am using it for nearly 2yrs

check if there any web server running under suse , mostly apache maybe
up

if that doen't help , change the http port under
JBoss\server\default\deploy\jbossweb-tomcat55.sar\server.xml