    Is it JDeveloper or could it be something else? Could the new xml file be
    not valid and slow everything down (I don't get any error reports thought)?

    Thanks in advance.

    Daniel Wang, Jun 16, 2004

  2. Daniel Wang

    Ryan Stewart Guest

    "Daniel Wang" <> wrote in message
    news:dWNzc.764$cj3.12@lakeread01...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I downloaded JDeveloper 9.0.5.1 (ie. 10g), and have been playing with the
    > struts-config.xml file in the "Page Flow Diagram" GUI mode. The

    performance
    > seemed quite nice when I started out with a blank struts config file and
    > started adding a few actions and form beans. However using an existing

    file
    > slowed my system down to a crawl. The new file only has five form beans,

    and
    > five actions. My system has 1 gig of ram, and is a P4 2.6 HT, so it should
    > not have any problems.
    >
    > Is it JDeveloper or could it be something else? Could the new xml file be
    > not valid and slow everything down (I don't get any error reports

    thought)?

    9.0.5.2 is the latest release (or was the other day). I've experienced slow
    load times for those diagrams as well. I don't know what all it does to set
    them up. It takes about 7-8 seconds to open mine with 7 beans and 10
    actions. However, one for an application I'm developing at work probably has
    closer to 30 complex beans and actions, and I've never had it load
    successfully yet. The longest I've given it is about 10 minutes I think.
    Here's a trick if you have one like this: rename your struts-config.xml to
    something else, create an empty file named struts-config.xml, and open that
    with JDeveloper. It will open pretty quickly. Switch from the diagram view
    to the source view, close the file, delete the empty file, and rename your
    original file. When you open it again, it will bypass the diagram view and
    open in source view.

    Ryan Stewart, Jun 16, 2004

  3. Daniel Wang

    shay Guest

    There was a thread about this on the JDeveloper OTN discussion forum.
    It suggested the following:
    Please to try de-selecting "Scan Source Paths to Determine Project
    Contents" in your Project Properties and let us know if this solves
    your problem. We will address this issue in a future release and list
    it as a known issue until then.

    http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jsp?forum=83

    shay, Jun 16, 2004
  4. Daniel Wang

    Ryan Stewart Guest

    "shay" <> wrote in message
    > There was a thread about this on the JDeveloper OTN discussion forum.
    > It suggested the following:
    > Please to try de-selecting "Scan Source Paths to Determine Project
    > Contents" in your Project Properties and let us know if this solves
    > your problem. We will address this issue in a future release and list
    > it as a known issue until then.
    >
    > http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jsp?forum=83

    I don't have that selected, but thanks for the reference.

    Ryan Stewart, Jun 16, 2004