JMX 1.2 implementation problem of Tomcat

Anthony Pong

I have tried to update the Tomcat to the latest 5.0.27 version. After
download, I tried to run the bin/startup.sh command, every thing seems
fine.
When I tried to connect to port 8080, it refused.

When I run the bin/shutdown.sh command, the following message
displayed:

"Due to new licensing guidelines mandated by the Apache Software
Foundation Board of Directors, a JMX implementation can no longer be
distributed with the Apache Tomcat binaries. As a result, you must
download a JMX 1.2 implementation (such as the Sun Reference
Implementation) and copy the JAR containing the API and implementation
of the JMX specification to: ${catalina.home}/bin/jmx.jar"

The Tomcat server does not work subsequently for my previous version
5.0.25.

Does the port 8080 refuse connection problem have any thing to do with
the JMX message? Or it is only my specific problem?

Sudsy

Anthony Pong wrote:
Does the port 8080 refuse connection problem have any thing to do with
the JMX message? Or it is only my specific problem?

Hard to tell. What do you see in the logs (catalina.out) after
attempting bin/startup.sh?

Anthony Pong

Sudsy said:
Anthony Pong wrote:

Hard to tell. What do you see in the logs (catalina.out) after
attempting bin/startup.sh?

Nothing new has been added to the log file. It is the same message in
the logs (catalina.out) as following:

Anthony said:
Sudsy <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
Nothing new has been added to the log file. It is the same message in
the logs (catalina.out) as following:
<snip message about JMX>

Without additional information I can only take a shot in the dark
and suggest that your configuration file is attempting to utilize
JMX. You get the error message and Tomcat fails to start. RTFM.