JMX 1.2 implementation problem of Tomcat

Discussion in 'Java' started by Anthony Pong, Aug 17, 2004.

  1. Anthony Pong

    Anthony Pong Guest

    I have tried to update the Tomcat to the latest 5.0.27 version. After
    download, I tried to run the bin/startup.sh command, every thing seems
    fine.
    When I tried to connect to port 8080, it refused.

    When I run the bin/shutdown.sh command, the following message
    displayed:

    "Due to new licensing guidelines mandated by the Apache Software
    Foundation Board of Directors, a JMX implementation can no longer be
    distributed with the Apache Tomcat binaries. As a result, you must
    download a JMX 1.2 implementation (such as the Sun Reference
    Implementation) and copy the JAR containing the API and implementation
    of the JMX specification to: ${catalina.home}/bin/jmx.jar"

    The Tomcat server does not work subsequently for my previous version
    5.0.25.

    Does the port 8080 refuse connection problem have any thing to do with
    the JMX message? Or it is only my specific problem?

    Anthony Pong, Aug 17, 2004

  2. Anthony Pong

    Sudsy Guest

    Anthony Pong wrote:
    <snip>
    > Does the port 8080 refuse connection problem have any thing to do with
    > the JMX message? Or it is only my specific problem?

    Hard to tell. What do you see in the logs (catalina.out) after
    attempting bin/startup.sh?

    Sudsy, Aug 17, 2004

  3. Anthony Pong

    Anthony Pong Guest

    Sudsy <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Anthony Pong wrote:
    > <snip>
    > > Does the port 8080 refuse connection problem have any thing to do with
    > > the JMX message? Or it is only my specific problem?

    > Hard to tell. What do you see in the logs (catalina.out) after
    > attempting bin/startup.sh?

    Nothing new has been added to the log file. It is the same message in
    the logs (catalina.out) as following:

    Anthony Pong, Aug 18, 2004
  4. Anthony Pong

    Sudsy Guest

    Anthony Pong wrote:
    > Sudsy <> wrote in message news:<>...

    <snip>
    > Nothing new has been added to the log file. It is the same message in
    > the logs (catalina.out) as following:

    <snip message about JMX>

    Without additional information I can only take a shot in the dark
    and suggest that your configuration file is attempting to utilize
    JMX. You get the error message and Tomcat fails to start. RTFM.

    Sudsy, Aug 18, 2004