jpeg not showing up

> Adrian

I have used various images for a website without any problems, however one I
made simply refuses to show up e.g. in explorer. It is 595 kb. Ate there any
obvious reasons for the phenomenon?

Adrian.

> Adrian

I am reluctant to do that because I don't want this
exchange to show up in Google: they can be a bit
of a nuisance.

Maybe there are some obvious reasons for my
problem that I can check out. That is the essence
of my question.

Adrian.

ato_zee

Maybe there are some obvious reasons for my
problem that I can check out. That is the essence
of my question.

Upper lower case problem, use of underscore instead
of space and visa/versa, bad pathname to .jpg, image
sized to 1 px square.
Hover mouse over broken image on webpage and right click,
then properties, what does it say?
Test on a local page, does it show then?
Did the upload fail, a common problem, it
may not be on the server, or is corrupted.
Wrong access permission on server for the .jpg
file.
..jpg is not the same as .jpeg, just as .htm
is not .html.
Pull the file back from the server, is it ok locally.

Jonathan N. Little

Adrian said:
I have used various images for a website without any problems, however one I
made simply refuses to show up e.g. in explorer. It is 595 kb. Ate there any
obvious reasons for the phenomenon?

Well without *seeing* it we can only guess! When you say it will not
display in Explorer, it it the same result in *any* other web browser?
If it doesn't work in all browsers then your image is getting corrupted
upon upload else there is something else at play. I must say though
595Kb is one big JPG! Is this on of those megapixel jobs or have diddled
with the compression ratio of the JPG filter?

> Adrian

Thank you for your reply,
Adrian.

Upper lower case problem, use of underscore instead
of space and visa/versa, bad pathname to .jpg, image
sized to 1 px square.
Hover mouse over broken image on webpage and right click,
then properties, what does it say?
Test on a local page, does it show then?
Did the upload fail, a common problem, it
may not be on the server, or is corrupted.
Wrong access permission on server for the .jpg
file.
.jpg is not the same as .jpeg, just as .htm
is not .html.
Pull the file back from the server, is it ok locally.

> Adrian

Thank you all for responding. I seem to have solved the problem.
Although :)) I still don't know - what I did to do it right. Anyway
it is up and running now.

Regards,
Adrian.

> Adrian said:
Thank you for you reply. I love your website!
Adrian

there