    obvious reasons for the phenomenon?

    Adrian.
    > Adrian, Dec 11, 2006

  2. > Adrian

    Andy Dingley Guest

    > Adrian < wrote:

    > Ate there any obvious reasons for the phenomenon?

    Of course there aren't, as you didn't even tell us the site URL.
    Andy Dingley, Dec 11, 2006

  3. > Adrian

    > Adrian Guest

    I am reluctant to do that because I don't want this
    exchange to show up in Google: they can be a bit
    of a nuisance.

    Maybe there are some obvious reasons for my
    problem that I can check out. That is the essence
    of my question.

    Adrian.

    "Andy Dingley" <> wrote in message

    > > Adrian < wrote:

    > > Ate there any obvious reasons for the phenomenon?

    > Of course there aren't, as you didn't even tell us the site URL.
    >
    > Adrian, Dec 11, 2006
  4. > Adrian

    Guest

    On 11-Dec-2006, "> Adrian <" <> wrote:

    > Maybe there are some obvious reasons for my
    > problem that I can check out. That is the essence
    > of my question.

    Upper lower case problem, use of underscore instead
    of space and visa/versa, bad pathname to .jpg, image
    sized to 1 px square.
    Hover mouse over broken image on webpage and right click,
    then properties, what does it say?
    Test on a local page, does it show then?
    Did the upload fail, a common problem, it
    may not be on the server, or is corrupted.
    Wrong access permission on server for the .jpg
    file.
    ..jpg is not the same as .jpeg, just as .htm
    is not .html.
    Pull the file back from the server, is it ok locally.
    , Dec 11, 2006
  5. > Adrian < wrote:
    > I have used various images for a website without any problems, however one I
    > made simply refuses to show up e.g. in explorer. It is 595 kb. Ate there any
    > obvious reasons for the phenomenon?

    Well without *seeing* it we can only guess! When you say it will not
    display in Explorer, it it the same result in *any* other web browser?
    If it doesn't work in all browsers then your image is getting corrupted
    upon upload else there is something else at play. I must say though
    595Kb is one big JPG! Is this on of those megapixel jobs or have diddled
    with the compression ratio of the JPG filter?

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Dec 11, 2006
  6. > Adrian

    > Adrian Guest

    Thank you for you reply. I love your website!
    Adrian

    > > Adrian < wrote:
    > > I have used various images for a website without any problems, however

    one I
    > > made simply refuses to show up e.g. in explorer. It is 595 kb. Ate there

    any
    > > obvious reasons for the phenomenon?

    > Well without *seeing* it we can only guess! When you say it will not
    > display in Explorer, it it the same result in *any* other web browser?
    > If it doesn't work in all browsers then your image is getting corrupted
    > upon upload else there is something else at play. I must say though
    > 595Kb is one big JPG! Is this on of those megapixel jobs or have diddled
    > with the compression ratio of the JPG filter?
    >

    > --
    > Take care,
    >
    > Jonathan
    > -------------------
    > LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    > http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    > Adrian, Dec 11, 2006
  7. > Adrian

    > Adrian Guest

    Thank you for your reply,
    Adrian.

    <> wrote in message

    > On 11-Dec-2006, "> Adrian <" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Maybe there are some obvious reasons for my
    > > problem that I can check out. That is the essence
    > > of my question.

    > Upper lower case problem, use of underscore instead
    > of space and visa/versa, bad pathname to .jpg, image
    > sized to 1 px square.
    > Hover mouse over broken image on webpage and right click,
    > then properties, what does it say?
    > Test on a local page, does it show then?
    > Did the upload fail, a common problem, it
    > may not be on the server, or is corrupted.
    > Wrong access permission on server for the .jpg
    > file.
    > .jpg is not the same as .jpeg, just as .htm
    > is not .html.
    > Pull the file back from the server, is it ok locally.
    > Adrian, Dec 11, 2006
  8. > Adrian

    > Adrian Guest

    Thank you all for responding. I seem to have solved the problem.
    Although :)) I still don't know - what I did to do it right. Anyway
    it is up and running now.

    Regards,
    Adrian.