JRE 150_06 Hangs IE browser

harsh

A DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM :
We are observing a 'Browser Hang' Behaviour with IE-XP-Sp2 and Sun-JRE
142_07 (and 150_06).

In our web application, we have a welcome page called 'HTMLPage'. This
page
contains plain HTML with 3 links to the 'SessionPage', these links are
'Open SessionPage - 1', 'Open SessionPage - 2' and 'Open SessionPage -
3'.
All 3 links point to the same SessionPage with different URL params.
The 'SessionPage' contains the APPLET in it and initializes the APPLET
with
the different params passed from above 3 different links. This
'SessionPage' contains a link 'back to HTMLPage' as well. So, when user
clicks on this link, they are taken to the HTMLPage/welComePage.

The hang is observed with/ under following scenario :-
Step 1) user opens/connects to our web application, they are presented
with
the HTMLPage.
Step 2) User clicks on the link 'Open SessionPage-1'.
Step 3) Above click will result in the display of SessionPage.
Step 4) User click on the link 'back to HTMLPage'.
Step 5) Above click will result in the display of WelCome HTMLPage.
Step 6) User clicks on the link 'Open SessionPage-2'.
Step 7) Above click will result in the display of SessionPage.
Step 8) User click on the link 'back to HTMLPage'.
Step 9) Above click will result in the display of WelCome HTMLPage.

So, if user repeats the steps 2 to 9 for several times say 5-6 times
then
some where at step2 or 6 browser frezzes. And it enters in
NotResponding
state. And the sessionPage is not loaded in the browser.

From the debugger point of view, when browser was in Hang state, we
attached the MS-Studio debugger to the browser process. In this
debugger,
we found that the hang was happening in JPIShare.dll.
Another thing which we observed while the IE/ Browser was attached to
debugger, was, that if a new browser was opened, then the process which
was
hanged in debugger, came out from where it had stopped and proceeded to
comeback to same point in code and hang.

Browser Machine configuration:
- OS: XP sp2
- Browser: IE 6.0 Xp-Sp2
- JRE: SunJRE 1.4.2_07 / 1.5.0_06