JRE Corrupt?

Roedy Green

I tried twice to install JRE 1.6.0_16 on a laptop. It failed both
times. I tried downloading it from FileHippo.com and it worked fine.

Has anyone else had trouble with Sun's copy?

It would be a shame if people gave up on Java because of a corrupt
download.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"People think of security as a noun, something you go buy. In reality, it’s an abstract concept like happiness. Openness is unbelievably helpful to security."
~ James Gosling (born: 1955-05-18 age: 54), inventor of Java.

Qu0ll

Roedy Green said:
I tried twice to install JRE 1.6.0_16 on a laptop. It failed both
times. I tried downloading it from FileHippo.com and it worked fine.

Has anyone else had trouble with Sun's copy?

It would be a shame if people gave up on Java because of a corrupt
download.

Which OS? I very recently installed the same JRE version on Windows Server
2003 and it's all working fine.

--
And loving it,

-Qu0ll (Rare, not extinct)
(e-mail address removed)

Lew

Roedy Green wrote ...
Which OS? I very recently installed the same JRE version on Windows
Server 2003 and it's all working fine.

I've installed JRE6u16 downloaded from Sun onto Windows XP and Linux Ubuntu
without trouble.

Roedy Green

Which OS? I very recently installed the same JRE version on Windows Server
2003 and it's all working fine.

Windows 32-bit.
--
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
http://mindprod.com

"People think of security as a noun, something you go buy. In reality, it’s an abstract concept like happiness. Openness is unbelievably helpful to security."
~ James Gosling (born: 1955-05-18 age: 54), inventor of Java.

Roedy Green

I've installed JRE6u16 downloaded from Sun onto Windows XP and Linux Ubuntu
without trouble.

I installed JDK fine, which has an included JRE. I sent a message to
Sun to ask them to check the MD5. Now the entire sun.com site is
inaccessible.
--

Roedy Green said:
I installed JDK fine, which has an included JRE. I sent a message to
Sun to ask them to check the MD5. Now the entire sun.com site is
inaccessible.

First you break the JRE and then you bring down the entire Sun website!
What's next Roedy?

--
And loving it,

-Qu0ll (Rare, not extinct)
(e-mail address removed)

Mike Schilling

Qu0ll said:
First you break the JRE and then you bring down the entire Sun
website! What's next Roedy?

I tried to call a buddy of mine at Sun to check on this, and all I
heard was what sounded like Larry Ellison's voice saying
"Exterminate!"".