    directly from CTK? [Currently Java1.6 is over 7Mb]..

    Thansk and Regards,
    Venkata
    Venkata, Apr 12, 2007

  2. Venkata wrote:

    >...Can we
    >not create a downsized/cutdown JRE version for customers to download
    >directly from CTK?

    Huh? Is that 'Christ the King', 'Composite Toolkit',
    'Configuration Tool Kit', ..some Czechoslovakian
    news agency?

    (But as far as I understand, Sun does not condone
    supplying anything but a complete and fully functional
    JVM)

    What is the minimum Java version of the application?

    --
    Andrew Thompson
    http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

    Andrew Thompson, Apr 12, 2007

  3. Venkata

    Venkata Guest

    Min Version is Java 1.1

    Our Customers only download an Applet.Is there any way to give JRE
    from our site with a reduced file size?

    Can u suggest me any Idea.

    Thanks for So far...
    Venkata
    Venkata, Apr 12, 2007
  4. Venkata wrote:
    >Min Version is Java 1.1
    >
    >Our Customers only download an Applet.Is there any way to give JRE
    >from our site with a reduced file size?

    Java 1.3, anyone?
    <http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/download.html>

    Note that as that page states.
    "A paid Java Vintage Support Offering is available
    for those customers who are interested in continuing
    to obtain support for the release. Please contact
    your Sun sales representative for details."
    It has a link that points here..
    <http://www.sun.com/sales/wwsales.jsp>
    Which lists JRE's back to 1.2!

    Andrew Thompson, Apr 12, 2007
  5. Venkata

    Venkata Guest

    Hi Andrew

    thankyou
    i will contact nearest Sun office
    Venkata, Apr 12, 2007
  6. Venkata

    Oliver Wong Guest

    "Venkata" <> wrote in message

    > Can we
    > not create a downsized/cutdown JRE version for customers to download
    > directly from CTK? [Currently Java1.6 is over 7Mb]..

    I vaguely recall that you're legally not allowed to create a
    downsized/cutdown version of the JRE. This is primarily a legal question,
    not a technical one, so you should consult a lawyer, rather than Java
    programmers.

    - Oliver
    Oliver Wong, Apr 12, 2007