JRE1.6

Venkata

Hello Every Body,

We are into online ticketing business in south africa.We a and applet
loadng for prefered seat selection which load using JRE in IE.

Can any one suggest me for Java VM/JRE downloadable via SUN. Can we
not create a downsized/cutdown JRE version for customers to download
directly from CTK? [Currently Java1.6 is over 7Mb]..

Thansk and Regards,
Venkata

Andrew Thompson

Venkata said:
...Can we
not create a downsized/cutdown JRE version for customers to download
directly from CTK?

Huh? Is that 'Christ the King', 'Composite Toolkit',
'Configuration Tool Kit', ..some Czechoslovakian
news agency?

(But as far as I understand, Sun does not condone
supplying anything but a complete and fully functional
JVM)

What is the minimum Java version of the application?

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

Venkata

Min Version is Java 1.1

Our Customers only download an Applet.Is there any way to give JRE
from our site with a reduced file size?

Can u suggest me any Idea.

Thanks for So far...
Venkata

Andrew Thompson

Venkata said:
Min Version is Java 1.1

Our Customers only download an Applet.Is there any way to give JRE
from our site with a reduced file size?

Java 1.3, anyone?
<http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/download.html>

Note that as that page states.
"A paid Java Vintage Support Offering is available
for those customers who are interested in continuing
to obtain support for the release. Please contact
your Sun sales representative for details."
It has a link that points here..
<http://www.sun.com/sales/wwsales.jsp>
Which lists JRE's back to 1.2!

Oliver Wong

Venkata said:
Can we
not create a downsized/cutdown JRE version for customers to download
directly from CTK? [Currently Java1.6 is over 7Mb]..

I vaguely recall that you're legally not allowed to create a
downsized/cutdown version of the JRE. This is primarily a legal question,
not a technical one, so you should consult a lawyer, rather than Java
programmers.

- Oliver