jsp vs asp .net

Carlos Sanin

Hi,

I am in the process of 'translating' jsp pages into
ASP .Net. Does anyone know what is the equivalent
include directive from jsp to asp .Net?

Thanks,

Carlos.

Scott M.

Classic ASP took advantage of include directives like this:

<!-- #include file="relativePathToFile" -->

or

<!-- #include virtual="relativePathToFile" --> for when the file was in a
different virtual directory.

In .NET however, we now have User Controls which supercede include
directives and allow us to create page fragments and reuse them wherever we
like.

Kevin Spencer

Include directives in both ASP and JSP are used primarily for including
logic and Presentation code that is common to multiple pages. However, both
ASP and JSP are procedural in nature, and ASP.Net does not work in the same
way. It is object-oriented. It would be best to use object-oriented
practices when working with it.

--
HTH,
Kevin Spencer

John Timney \(Microsoft MVP\)

While include in ASP.NET has been superceded by userControl, the closest
thing to a usercontrol would be a Taglib

Regards

John Timney
Microsoft Regional Director
Microsoft MVP