JTextField with drop down list box

yancheng.cheok

hello all, may i know how can i have a JTextField component, where it
is able to display the JList drop down from time to time just like the
one in

http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en

Currently, the engine which is used to performed word completion is
completed. I just lacked of a gui component.

Thank you.

cheok

yancheng.cheok

Nope. I do not watnt a combo box. I do not want to have the arrow at
the right side.

Knitter

You either write your own componet from scratch or extend one that
already exist. You could, like Knute Johnson said, use the JComboBox
componet and extend it so that it does not show the arrow. Just remove
what you don't want and keep what you need.