JWS 1.2

Tim Jowers

Anybody got the Java Web Services 1.2 tutorial to work on Windows yet?
I installed the tutorial on C: and the JWSDP on d: so maybe that is a
problem?

Symptom: "ant install" does not copy the war file as it is supposed to
do.

Anybody have any idea about this? I think all ant is doing is calling
the TomCat manager?install... so maybe TomCat is mis-configured?

Fixed Symptoms: "ant build" says it works but does not create
..../build.
Fix: use fwd slashes and no c: in build.properties

Another question: JAXM is java-to-java SOAP message passing but is not
in JWS 1.2. JWS 1.2 has SAAJ which seems to do the same thing but
allow SOAP message passing to non-Java. Is this right?

Thanks!
TimJowers

P.s> ignore the Balachandra spam "Here is the best book on web
services
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1558609008/india"
since that book was published in April and is pre-JWS 1.2.
The tutorial is well-written but apparently not well-tested.