JWS 1.2

Discussion in 'Java' started by Tim Jowers, Sep 8, 2003.

  1. Tim Jowers

    Tim Jowers Guest

    Anybody got the Java Web Services 1.2 tutorial to work on Windows yet?
    I installed the tutorial on C: and the JWSDP on d: so maybe that is a
    problem?

    Symptom: "ant install" does not copy the war file as it is supposed to
    do.

    Anybody have any idea about this? I think all ant is doing is calling
    the TomCat manager?install... so maybe TomCat is mis-configured?

    Fixed Symptoms: "ant build" says it works but does not create
    ..../build.
    Fix: use fwd slashes and no c: in build.properties

    Another question: JAXM is java-to-java SOAP message passing but is not
    in JWS 1.2. JWS 1.2 has SAAJ which seems to do the same thing but
    allow SOAP message passing to non-Java. Is this right?

    Thanks!
    TimJowers

    P.s> ignore the Balachandra spam "Here is the best book on web
    services
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1558609008/india"
    since that book was published in April and is pre-JWS 1.2.
    The tutorial is well-written but apparently not well-tested.

    Tim Jowers, Sep 8, 2003