JXTA and mjsip Question

KDawg44

This might be a dumb question and forgive me if it is (and kind of
broad...).

I am about to start my project for graduation and wanted to try to
implement a peer to peer IM/VOIP application that allows peer to peer
IM's and voice calls. My intention was to use JXTA and use mjsip. As
I have never done anything like this before, I was wondering if these
tools could help me accomplish what I am trying to do or if i will
need another package of some sort.

Thanks for any help. I apologize for the ambiguity but I am just
starting out and not sure how else to ask. As my time frame is
limited, I do not want to spend two to three weeks learning this to
find out it cannot accomplish what I need.

Thanks.

Kevin