    This could be annoying for someone filling out the page and moving from top
    to bottom.

    Ken "BiggMakk" McCrory

    Ken McCrory, Mar 9, 2005

  2. Hot topic, I first tried Smartnavigation and ran into too many client
    browsers, even IE, that had issues with its use. Found this control, below,
    works well and was free. Give it a try.

    http://www.strengthtechnologies.com/scroll/Download.aspx

    Smart scroller.

    I here there are JavaScript approaches but have yet to find one.

    Hope this helps.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=, Mar 9, 2005

  3. Take a look at the SmartNavigation feature of .NET.

    Peter Rilling, Mar 9, 2005
  4. Ken McCrory

    vMike Guest

    > I have a registration page where visitors are registering for a meeting.

    At
    > the bottom is a button for them to recalculate the total fees. When they
    > click the button it does recalculate the fees correctly but it positions

    the
    > page at the top. I want the page to be positioned where it was when they
    > clicked the Recalculate button, near the bottom of the page. This same
    > behavior exists for controls that have the Autopostback set to true.
    > Clicking on those controls "refreshes" the page and leaves it at the top.
    > This could be annoying for someone filling out the page and moving from

    top
    > to bottom.
    >
    > Ken "BiggMakk" McCrory

    You can try smart navigation but I had trouble with it. Otherwise you can
    use javascript

    {document.getElementById('yourid').scrollIntoView();}

    Mike

    vMike, Mar 9, 2005
  5. Ken McCrory

    Ken McCrory Guest

    WOW!!! You helped tremdously! You're right about the SmartNavigation. It
    works fine in IE for this web page but it didn't work at all when I tried
    the page in Firefox. I downloaded the Smart Scroller and it works even in
    Firefox! This solves my other problem I was having because now I can turn on
    Autopostback and not see the annoying scroll back to the top of the page.

    Ken "BiggMakk" McCrory

    Ken McCrory, Mar 9, 2005
  6. Ken McCrory

    Ken McCrory Guest

    Thanks. I hadn't heard of that until now. It does help when using IE but not
    in other browsers (see post above).
    --
    Ken "BiggMakk" McCrory

    Ken McCrory, Mar 9, 2005