Large ASP.NET application architecture.

Wade

Hi all,

Ok, we are an ASP for environmental tools, and over the last couple years
we've moved our systems from ASP to ASP.NET (1.1); in doing so, we decided
to create individual applications that can be re-used for different clients.
Each application is a project setup in IIS as both a virtual directory and
an IIS application (so they have their own session data). The problem we've
run into, however, is that we use a number of session variables to preserve
user security -- after they initially log in, we have to perserve this data
and move it between applications. To do so, we have written transfer pages
that load the session data into a SQL database (with unique IDs), redirect
to the new page, and then load the data out of the SQL database and back
into the session objects.

Is this an appropriate way to do this? Is there a better way to share
session data between applications? This really feels like a hacked
solution.

I'd love any and all input.

Thanks!

Wade