Larry W... out of work ?? Impossible... or...

Randal L. Schwartz

stu7> *** I was a little surprised to see anyone named
stu7> *** randal schwartz jump on this teetering bandwagon
stu7> *** of jeering spammers... isnt he supposed to be one of
stu7> *** the good guys ?

Yes, I am. And I am. :)

You come in here, with very little respect for that which has gone on
before you. I'm not asking you to accept hand-in-glove all the things
we say here. But if you pay attention, you'll get the respect you
might need, including getting your questions answered.

Your post of a few days ago contained some bad facts, and some
mis-conclusions based on those facts. You may think you're clever for
producing such a document. I think you're deluded, either because you
don't know, or because you want to deliberately mislead, or maybe
you've just been misinformed.

And then, in response to correction, both recently, and over the past
times I've seen you post, you appear still to be more interested in
having it precisely your way instead of realizing that you're coming
in to a culture here that has been established based on collective
reasoning and rationale about what works and what doesn't. Being
online has a culture. Usenet has a culture. CLPM has a culture. You
seem to be ignoring all of those.

Hence, you are likely to be rejected, and even attacked, because you
can't seem to respect the existing culture. Maybe you do that in real
life too -- in which case, I feel sorry for you. Maybe you only do
that online, or even just here, in which case the only outcome is that
you'll never get what you want here, unless it's to be interacted with
as a troll.

So, you have three choices. Go away, be a troll, or accept the
culture. I don't care which you do. Each choice has consequences,
however.

I've been a member of the Perl culture since nearly the beginning.
I've been online since the BBS days, and on the Internet since before
it was called the Internet, and on Usenet within a year of its
creation. I have a pretty good sense of what works here, and what
doesn't. You are part of what doesn't work, at the moment. You
can change that, or continue to be an a**hole. It's up to you.

print "Just another Perl hacker,"

Matija Papec

+
...or is it ?

I think you'll find recent perl.com articles very enlightening as they might
answer more then half of your questions. ;) You've correctly noticed that
perl isn't pushed by some big company but not everybody would immediately
agree that this is a bad thing.