Launching Outlook

Emil Frank

Hi,

Using client side JavaScript, could I launch Outlook 2002/2003 via a
client side web page containing JavaScript?

Thanks,

Emil

Grant Wagner

Emil said:
Hi,

Using client side JavaScript, could I launch Outlook 2002/2003 via a
client side web page containing JavaScript?

Thanks,

Emil

You can't launch a client-side executable using JavaScript running in a
Web browser in the default security environment.

kaeli

Hi,

Using client side JavaScript, could I launch Outlook 2002/2003 via a
client side web page containing JavaScript?

Yes, but only if your page had the security permissions to allow it.
ActiveX (MSIE) could open an application. Again, though, security
restrictions apply outside an HTA context. If you want this level of control,
an HTA is your best bet. MSIE/Windows only, IIRC.

This should not even be attempted in a normal internet environment.

~kaeli~
Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? Are they afraid
someone will clean them?
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace

Randy Webb

Emil said:
Hi,

Using client side JavaScript, could I launch Outlook 2002/2003 via a
client side web page containing JavaScript?

Are you going to install it on my computer before you attempt to open
it? I have no Outlook installed so obviously you can't open it unless
you install it first. But the answer to your question is no.