LDAP and setTimeLimit

Joined
May 27, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi all,
I have detected a production issue with LDAP connections. It seems to become frozen while performing the search action.

The application wasn't setting the TimeLimit for searchs, then I added the following code:

SearchControls ctls = new SearchControls();
ctls.setTimeLimit(Integer.parseInt(timeoutRead));
ctls.setReturningAttributes(_retAttributes);
ctls.setSearchScope(_searchScope);
result = ctx.search(_searchBase, _searchFilter,ctls);

I reviewed this thread ...

The app uses java 1.4 and Weblogic Server 8.1

I think this implementation must be enough but I have some questions before to put this code in production.

1.- Looking into the net traces I see the timeLimit with value 1 and I have setted it to 500 (ms), then I tried with 1500 and I saw 2 in traces. Does the LDAP server can only be configured in seconds?
Does this TimeLimit only affects to the server configuration?

2.- How do I can test this? A good connection but a delay in the search operation. Because I can't try in production if I'm not sure.

3.- Should affect the Weblogic Server or even the Ldap Server connection pools to this situation?

Thanks for your help!
Discolo.