LDAP

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

Can you explain more what you are trying to do? Do you want to use the LDAP
classes in .NET to access an LDAP directory or do you want to write your own
LDAP implementation? It is not clear. Please provide more details and an
examples.

Joe K.

vinay

Hi Joe

I want to use the existing classes for LDAP.
I need to access the user info if exists (authenticate).
Also add new user groups.

I am using Win XP Prof.

Thanks

vinay

Sorry its not for authentication.

It will more like creating Process Control Groups and assigning the Groups
to the Users.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\)

Read the section in the link I sent you on managing groups. Drill down
through the tree until you see it (under administrative tasks\managing
groups).

I provided the top level link because you sound like you are novice, so it
is best to read the whole thing. It isn't that long and will save you much
time later.

Joe K.

vinay said:
Sorry its not for authentication.

It will more like creating Process Control Groups and assigning the Groups
to the Users.

Any suggestions??

Thanks

vinay

Hi Joe

I am using ADAM as i am using XP prof.
I am getting error while creating new GROUP.

"System.UnauthorizedAccessException - General access denied error"

Dim de As DirectoryEntry = New
DirectoryEntry("LDAP://localhost:389/CN=Builtin,DC=XXX,DC=com")

Dim newProcCntr As DirectoryEntry = newGroup.Children.Add("CN=" &
txtProcessName.Text, "group")

Dim newGroup As DirectoryEntry = de.Children.Add("CN=vs3." +
txtNewGroup.Text, "group")

newGroup.CommitChanges()
newProcCntr.CommitChanges()

Any suggestions?