    ---_,>/'_------
    (_) \(_)
    ---------------
    vinay, Apr 26, 2005

  2. Can you explain more what you are trying to do? Do you want to use the LDAP
    classes in .NET to access an LDAP directory or do you want to write your own
    LDAP implementation? It is not clear. Please provide more details and an
    examples.

    Joe K.

    Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\), Apr 26, 2005

  3. vinay

    vinay Guest

    Hi Joe

    I want to use the existing classes for LDAP.
    I need to access the user info if exists (authenticate).
    Also add new user groups.

    I am using Win XP Prof.

    Thanks

    vinay, Apr 26, 2005
  4. I'd suggest starting here:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/sds/sds/portal.asp?frame=true

    I'd also recommend against using LDAP for authentication unless you have no
    choice. If you talk more about what you are doing, you'll get better help.

    Joe K.

    Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\), Apr 26, 2005
  5. vinay

    vinay Guest

    Sorry its not for authentication.

    It will more like creating Process Control Groups and assigning the Groups
    to the Users.

    Any suggestions??

    Thanks

    vinay, Apr 26, 2005
  6. Read the section in the link I sent you on managing groups. Drill down
    through the tree until you see it (under administrative tasks\managing
    groups).

    I provided the top level link because you sound like you are novice, so it
    is best to read the whole thing. It isn't that long and will save you much
    time later.

    Joe K.

    Joe Kaplan \(MVP - ADSI\), Apr 26, 2005
  7. vinay

    vinay Guest

    Hi Joe

    I am using ADAM as i am using XP prof.
    I am getting error while creating new GROUP.

    "System.UnauthorizedAccessException - General access denied error"

    Dim de As DirectoryEntry = New
    DirectoryEntry("LDAP://localhost:389/CN=Builtin,DC=XXX,DC=com")

    Dim newProcCntr As DirectoryEntry = newGroup.Children.Add("CN=" &
    txtProcessName.Text, "group")

    Dim newGroup As DirectoryEntry = de.Children.Add("CN=vs3." +
    txtNewGroup.Text, "group")

    newGroup.CommitChanges()
    newProcCntr.CommitChanges()

    Any suggestions?