    MS's latest technologies.

    Thanks
    Tem

    Tem, Jan 9, 2008

  2. Tem

    Braulio Diez Guest

    If I were on your shoes, I would first take a quick look about what ASP .net
    is about, you can check this tutorial:

    http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/

    Then start mixing it with LINQ, about LINQ some guys are quite keen to use
    it, some others are wating for LINQ to Entities. I like LINQ To SQL but only
    used it small things, some links to start with LINQ:

    http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/arch...a-product-listing-page-with-clean-css-ui.aspx

    http://www.tipsdotnet.com/TechBlog.aspx?PageIndex=0&BLID=3

    http://www.tipsdotnet.com/ArticleBlog.aspx?KWID=30&Area=LINQ&PageIndex=0

    Good Luck
    Braulio

    /// ------------------------------
    /// Braulio Diez
    ///
    /// http://www.tipsdotnet.com
    /// ------------------------------

    Braulio Diez, Jan 10, 2008

  3. "Tem" <> wrote in message

    > I'm new to ASP.NET. But I'm not new to c# and programming in general.
    > Need some suggestions on whether I should learned the traditional way
    > first or just learn LINQ?
    > Would that be sufficient for most web development needs?

    I think you have a bit of a misconception about what LINQ is...

    LINQ is not somehow the "new version" of ASP.NET - rather, it is an
    extension to ASP.NET which provides language-integrated queries (that's
    where the acronym comes from), set and transform operations:
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa904594.aspx

    Learning LINQ in isolation will be of very little use to you...

    > Does anyone know of a sample of whole website written with c# 3.5 and
    > linq? I found a lot of examples and code snippets but not a whole website
    > using MS's latest technologies.

    I'd have thought that would be a virtual impossibility...

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Jan 10, 2008