Learn ASP.NET with LINQ

Tem

I'm new to ASP.NET. But I'm not new to c# and programming in general.
Need some suggestions on whether I should learned the traditional way first
or just learn LINQ?
Would that be sufficient for most web development needs?

Does anyone know of a sample of whole website written with c# 3.5 and linq?
I found a lot of examples and code snippets but not a whole website using
MS's latest technologies.

Thanks
Tem

Braulio Diez

If I were on your shoes, I would first take a quick look about what ASP .net
is about, you can check this tutorial:

http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/

Then start mixing it with LINQ, about LINQ some guys are quite keen to use
it, some others are wating for LINQ to Entities. I like LINQ To SQL but only
used it small things, some links to start with LINQ:

http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/arch...a-product-listing-page-with-clean-css-ui.aspx

http://www.tipsdotnet.com/TechBlog.aspx?PageIndex=0&BLID=3

http://www.tipsdotnet.com/ArticleBlog.aspx?KWID=30&Area=LINQ&PageIndex=0

Good Luck
Braulio

/// ------------------------------
/// Braulio Diez
///
/// http://www.tipsdotnet.com
/// ------------------------------

Mark Rae [MVP]

I'm new to ASP.NET. But I'm not new to c# and programming in general.
Need some suggestions on whether I should learned the traditional way
first or just learn LINQ?
Would that be sufficient for most web development needs?

I think you have a bit of a misconception about what LINQ is...

LINQ is not somehow the "new version" of ASP.NET - rather, it is an
extension to ASP.NET which provides language-integrated queries (that's
where the acronym comes from), set and transform operations:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/aa904594.aspx

Learning LINQ in isolation will be of very little use to you...
Does anyone know of a sample of whole website written with c# 3.5 and
linq? I found a lot of examples and code snippets but not a whole website
using MS's latest technologies.

I'd have thought that would be a virtual impossibility...