Learning Python, 2'nd Edition, O'Reilly

Ron Stephens

Does anyone know when this is due to be released? I am assuming that
this version will cover Python 2.3, and be the first book to fully do
so.

Ron Stephens

Richard Townsend

Ron Stephens said:
Does anyone know when this is due to be released? I am assuming that
this version will cover Python 2.3, and be the first book to fully do
so.

Ron Stephens

According to Amazon, it should be available 1st October (I don't know how
reliable their predictions normally are, though).

Mark Lutz

Does anyone know when this is due to be released? I am assuming that
this version will cover Python 2.3, and be the first book to fully do
so.

Ron Stephens

Not exactly, but the late-October-to-November
timeframe is as good a guess as any. Last I
heard, it's now in the production pipeline.

It will be a 2.3 book, despite what some of the
marketing might say (we started it awhile ago).

For a few more words, here's a web page I
posted in response to email queries:

http://www.rmi.net/~lutz/about-lp2e.html

Cheers,
Mark Lutz (www.rmi.net/~lutz)

Ron Stephens

Thank you so much for your kind reply, Mr. Lutz. I look forward to the
new edition of Learning Python eagerly. I know it will become a
classic snapshot of a most significant time in Python's history, and
will help to further popularize the language.

Of course, Python in a Nutshell also, already, documents most of
Python's newer features, and I am most profitably continuing to peruse
both my copy of the Nutshell and my copy of the Cookbook, so I will
not be wasting my (little but precious) free time until the Learning
2'nd Edition arrives.