Length in seconds of OGG/MP3

Dylan Parry

Hi,

I am entirely new to Python, in fact I've only been using it for two days,
but so far I have progressed quite well :) Anyway, the problem I have is
that I want to find the play length of an Ogg or Mp3 (it could be either).

I already have a command line utility that returns the current position in
the file (number of seconds that have played) and the same utility also
returns the path of the file that is playing, but for some reason it has
no interface for telling me how long the file is!

Can this be done in Python?