Library for Transactional Files Access - who knows Java libraries?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Michal Szymanski, Nov 5, 2003.

  1. Hi,
    I have very common task. System which we develop will be divided in 2
    pieces - interface and calculation module. Depending on client
    communication between these two modules can be based on database,
    queues or files.
    First two ways of communication are by default transactional and there
    is no problem. But for communication using file I have to write
    library that support transactional access to files (at least locking
    is necessary). I've seen several systems in my life where file system
    were treated as a database but in each solution authors used home-made
    libraries not well know libraries.
    Because we are preparing for new project I've once again try to find
    suitable library for this task and I've found nothing :(

    Do you know any nice Java library ? If yes let me know.

    p.s in last JDJ there is article "Enabling A file system as a
    transactional resources" but it is baseD on Connector Architecture and
    JTA.

    Michal Szymanski

    Michal Szymanski, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Re: Library for Transactional Files Access - who knows Javalibraries?

    There is a C library called Berkeley DB. (www.sleepycat.com I
    believe.) I vaguely remember that they have ways to talk to their
    files from other languages than C.

    Versions 2 and up also provide some kind of transaction, but I forget
    the details.

    Kai

    Kai Grossjohann, Nov 5, 2003

  3. Kai Grossjohann <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > There is a C library called Berkeley DB. (www.sleepycat.com I
    > believe.) I vaguely remember that they have ways to talk to their
    > files from other languages than C.

    But I am looking for Java library, I do not want to use native calls.

    Best regards
    M.Szymanski

    Michal Szymanski, Nov 6, 2003
  4. Michal Szymanski

    ioganis

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Check this forum topic.
    Talks about a project on Transactional Files in Java

    Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
    ioganis, Sep 2, 2008