Tomcat Java OpenVMS file system access problem

bslook

I've had HP's packaging of Tomcat 5.5 installed on an OpenVMS 7.3.2
environment and am having trouble access the files system unless the
APACHE$WWW account owns the file. I've had all the ACLS check for
the problem directory and they appear to be correct. The only way
that my Java program can access the file is if the directory is
granted World access.

I am working this through with the client's SA but he does not know or
understand Java. HP support has indicated that java access the
file through some CRTL "stat()" function which will not honor the
ACL. Our APACHE$WWW login.com contains define decc$acl_access_check
TRUE yet it still does not honor the ACL.

I think this is a configuration problem but I am not experienced in
OPENVMS. Does any one have any ideas?