lightweight soap calls

Marc E

All,
i'm working on an eclipse plugin and i need to make some soap calls. the
services i'm invoking will return maps (string,string) or arrays of those
maps. i don't need authentication, security, file attachment, etc. just
normal old soap. I need to keep the plugin jar pretty small, too, so axis is
out of the question.
Any advice on what i need here? I thought i had heard way back when that
there was a really light axis jar for doing such things, but I can't find
it.
I've never built an eclipse plugin before so I don't know if there's built
in stuff that i can take advantage of, although i highly doubt that relying
on external stuff is safe unless there's soap handlers in the core eclipse
packages.

Thanks for any advice.

Marc